Eeewwwwww!

I remember as a child loving to cook when my Mom was gone. You see, she never saw the mess and I could do as I wanted. Win-win situation. Well, we are off to the next generation. While I was in town last week, Chrissy and Erin wanted to make brownies. NO problem. Chrissy has made them oodles of times. I got to taste the brownies when I got home. They were awful! They looked funny - but hey, I can handle some mistakes - but they were BAD! As I was inquiring what might have happened, I discovered that Erin used powdered vanilla instead of powdered sugar to dust on top. That was yucky. Then I asked Chrissy about the recipe and the amounts and such. We discovered that instead of 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda - she put in 1/4 CUP! Can we say gross? I couldn't even choke them down! Needless to say, we tried again the next day with great success.

Comments

It probably reflects more poorly on my parenting skills, but have you thought about introducing them to a cook by the name of Duncan Hines??? :)
Tricia said…
Why didn't I think of that? Silly me. It would have saved a moment of eeewwwwwww!

Popular Posts