To Wyo they come!
Great news from the hospital view. Melissa gets released tomorrow from her CF "tune up" and I believe Taylor is already home. Both will have follow up checkups - but it looks good. Prayers are answered.
Today our family canned applesauce and made tons of donuts in honor of Conference Weekend. Our house kind of has that greasy apple scent. I don't know if that is a cool autumn scent but we have it here. I visited home the other day and Mom was making chili sauce (yummy!) and the next day Dad was burning leaves. These are the true two scents of home - glad I could be there for the sauce!
Tomorrow I'm making Uncle Aaron's Chicken in the crockpot for lunch after conference. My kids love it! Here's what you do:
Chicken breasts - 3lb pkg. (can leave frozen)
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
garlic and/or onion to taste
Cook in dutch oven at 350 degree oven for 1 hour or the crockpot on high for a few hours. When it is done - cut up the chicken into bitesize servings. Serve on hot rice.
We still have a lot of peaches, pears, and apples so we will make some kind of crisp to go with it. Ever try Pear Crisp? Yummy!
Today our family canned applesauce and made tons of donuts in honor of Conference Weekend. Our house kind of has that greasy apple scent. I don't know if that is a cool autumn scent but we have it here. I visited home the other day and Mom was making chili sauce (yummy!) and the next day Dad was burning leaves. These are the true two scents of home - glad I could be there for the sauce!
Tomorrow I'm making Uncle Aaron's Chicken in the crockpot for lunch after conference. My kids love it! Here's what you do:
Chicken breasts - 3lb pkg. (can leave frozen)
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
garlic and/or onion to taste
Cook in dutch oven at 350 degree oven for 1 hour or the crockpot on high for a few hours. When it is done - cut up the chicken into bitesize servings. Serve on hot rice.
We still have a lot of peaches, pears, and apples so we will make some kind of crisp to go with it. Ever try Pear Crisp? Yummy!

Comments
Good for you on the canning thing. That's something I don't do, but would love to someday:)
Tell your parents hi, and Sally. I have checked her blog, and she has a cute family as well.
I'm so glad I found you, it's been so long. You were always such a great friend and example. Thanks for that:):)
I love to comment on my friends blogs...so look for me oftan;)
Thanks for sharing!
Diana