I DO know Beans!
A couple of years ago, my calling was nursery leader. I worked with a sister in our ward that is married to a bean farmer. I consider her one of the professionals with beans and how to store them and use them for storage. She shared with me her "recipe" for canning dried beans. I want to pass it on in case there is a canner out there that is wanting to save some money on the the grocery bill. Dried beans are fairly inexpensive and processing them yourelf is a snap! I guess you can guess what I'm doing today!
For each quart jar: 1 1/3 cup (exactly) dried beans, washed
1 tsp salt
Fill jar with water to bottom of neck of jar. Put on lids, rings and process. Pressure canner 30 minutes at 15 pounds (yes, it will rock). Make sure the little thing in front of your canner falls down BEFORE you open up the canner when the 30 minutes is done.
For each pint: 1/2 cup (exactly) dried bean, washed
1/2 tsp. salt
Process the same as quarts.
Good Luck!
For each quart jar: 1 1/3 cup (exactly) dried beans, washed
1 tsp salt
Fill jar with water to bottom of neck of jar. Put on lids, rings and process. Pressure canner 30 minutes at 15 pounds (yes, it will rock). Make sure the little thing in front of your canner falls down BEFORE you open up the canner when the 30 minutes is done.
For each pint: 1/2 cup (exactly) dried bean, washed
1/2 tsp. salt
Process the same as quarts.
Good Luck!

Comments