Clara May

Today I went to the funeral of Clara Mae Jensen Emmett. She was connected a couple ways to me and her youngest son, Gary, graduated from HS with me. She was a family friend too. Mom really did a lot with her in the last few years. She had been very ill so her passing was not a surprise.

The meeting was so good. Good talks. Good music. Great spirit there. There are some people your path crosses that we learn so much from - and we are so grateful that our paths crossed. There have been a lot of those in my life - Clara Mae being one of them - and I'm so grateful for each one. I love the lessons I have learned. Clara was a 4-H fan and loved to teach. She taught me sewing and I remember spending time at her house as a kid playing and exploring. I saw her in May this year and she had a big smile for me. Always so kind.

I saw a lot of family too. Chris and his family came from Cheyenne, Uncle Don and Aunt Almira greeted me, Aunt Bernice and Uncle Clyde from Cheyenne too. And of course, the Emmett clan. A lot I haven't seen in years. It was fun to see them.

It takes a village to get where we are. Some villagers leave bigger footprints than others - but it truly takes them all. Thank you villagers - I need you- and still need you all.

Comments

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't even know she was ill. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.
Patty said…
I so appreciated your being there representing the children in our family. Clara was a special lady and I miss her. I am grateful she could be one of those who influenced you for good, Trish. Love

Popular Posts