Farewell floors!

I'll add pictures when I find it - some child must be "borrowing" it. Spring is really here. It was actually HOT yesterday. Today will be more mild. Bishop actually counseled us to stop and look at the world on Sunday. So much going on - don't forget to smell the roses. I took the Primary kids out to sing under the flowering trees - and sang "Popcorn popping" as joyfully as we could. Lots of bees too!

So, we have been busy. My niece, Emily, graduated last night from RMHS. Unbelievable. She was the one that I saw just minutes after her birth. I can't believe how time has flown. She has grown into a beautiful young lady and I can't wait to see what she does with her world. Wade and I went to the graduation. It was so hot! I mean hot! That gym is so old and it was showing its age last night. It was a nice evening. I did notice however, that graduation didin't have prayers or many songs as the "old days". I think these graduates need every prayer they can get to survive. I don't agree with that. Funny - they didn't ask me. A bonus of the evening is coming home to sleeping kids and a clean house. Yahoo!!! Way to go kids!!

The last week of school is ridiculous. I should just check the kids out early and ignore it - but I don't. We have had something - between church and school - every night for about two weeks. I wish it could be arranged differently. Today is a music program. Tomorrow is Field Day - I have to help with the activity outside. Friday is fun and games. In between, they like to advise us on the summer and what to do with our kids. Busy, I tell you, busy. Justin starts driver's ed next week. I'm making solar smore boards with Erin's class on Friday. It is a idea from FamilyFun magazine.

My cousin Pam said it well one time - she actually says farewell to her floor when summer starts. I have to laugh because that is so true! It won't look the same until the fall - when the kids are back at the routine. Try as I may.

Two more days of school - then the fun begins. Any ideas on how to ORGANIZE a summer routine? It is a trick every summer.

Wish me luck - and all the floors farewell.

Comments

Popular Posts