The Beach?

On those cold days in Elko, NV, when I had recess duty, I came prepared for the weather. I would wear my dress with long johns underneath but pulled up under the skirt. When the wind whipped around on the playground and it was just frigid, I would pull down my long johns to make the recess duty seem like a day at the beach - and think of warm, tropical thoughts to get through the wind weary cold frigid weather.

I relate this to my current thinking that I am living on a beach in Hawaii. Yes, Hawaii. See, Wade is working on the rock around the outside of our house and with that came a truckload of sand. Glorious sand. Mix sand with kids and you get a house with sand in every nook and cranny of the place. I'm not kidding. I think they have buried each other several times in the sand and William has brought handfuls in everytime he comes in the house. I try to sweep, vacuum and clean but there is STILL sand. So, I'm visioning myself on a tropical beach in Hawaii. Not that's not so bad!

Comments

Mels said…
Oh, yes. I remember those cold...Elko days. Don't really miss them either. I do hope to be enjoying the sands of Hawaii some day, but I know it isn't anytime soon. I loved the laundry story-I relate too well to that one. We've had oodles of socks stuck in baby jamies and sleeve shirts ect. Just glad it wasn't undies:)

Popular Posts