Baby, It's COLD outside!!!


We woke up to -17 degrees this morning! Ugh! This is cold enough for even the healthiest of bones and gears to groan. We didn't have a problem though. Suburban, van, and house are running well. We even went to storytime this morning and all is well. Thank goodness for a warm house and Wade's diligence in insulating our home. I really appreciate it on these cold days.

I got a new calling in our ward. Activity Chairman. That's a new one for me in a family ward. My experience was entertaining the singles in Elko. I don't think these older members would go for snow football in the dark! The bishop kept me doing my Activity Days with the 10 and 11 year old girls. I like that. Tomorrow we will be making Healthy Snacks and good choices in our diet. We are going to have a ward birthday party for Brother Duncan in February. He is turning 95. That doesn't happen everyday. I hope his ticker keeps ticking until then! I'd welcome ideas from my fellow bloggers!

Comments

Storytime is the best!!! We love it here too.

There are a couple really good websites you can check out for activities if you are interested.

Stuart claims a different memory with snow football (but he's getting a little old and memory loss could be at play)...
Tricia said…
Yah, I'd love to know Stuart's version of snow football. SAme place, - but different story. It was fun though I think we can agree! I'd love the website suggestions. I do it only every few months. THanks for thinking of that!
mormonchic.com has some activities (actually if you google ward activities tons of stuff comes up) and familyfun.com has good stuff for groups.

sugardoodle.net is another good site. (It has stuff for activity days too.) Also the ideadoor.com

Hope this helps!
OH! And you can always do a FLIPPER BOWL!!! (Actually, it's Stuart's brother's ward in Logan that has a pumpkin throwing contest every year, and in March they pass out giant pumpkin seeds and then in Oct. they throw them. They have cannons, and all sorts of things that fling pumpkins 1 and 1/2 lengths of a football field! (Another crazy ward activity.)
Tricia said…
THanks. I'm going to look those up. It sounds like you are a pro at such things. I'm going to learn. The Flipper Bowl looked a little TOO Big for me. And plus, we can't have lights and bicycles IN the church. I know, I know. Looked fun though. Who won?

Popular Posts