Farewell and Baptism
What a day! What a day!
I say that twice because it was a big day for a couple families in the Aagard clan today. Robin and Alice had their farewell talks in their ward. They will be leaving soon for Ukraine and their talks were great. We really are attached to them as grandparents and they will be sorely missed, but the people of Ukraine will truly benefit from them. They are officially Elder and Sister Aagard now. (I don't know how to say or write it in Russian!)
Kolby, my nephew, got baptized this evening. He is a new member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He just beamed. I got to talk briefly in the meeting and shared my excitement with them.
To top the evening off, we celebrated it all with dinner at Kim's. She always does a feast.
Yesterday, we celebrated Robin's birthday. Wade took his parents and I out for breakfast. We don't do that very often. Wade kind of hung out with his parents to see what he could do for Robin's birthday. I think he enjoyed the time with them. I went to a Music Festival in Codynand listened to Erin play her recorder with lots of other 4th graders, and later attended the Young Women's Broadcast by the First Presidency with Chrissy.
William learned to ride his bike - with training wheels! That is a big day for him. Watch out Burlington!
I say that twice because it was a big day for a couple families in the Aagard clan today. Robin and Alice had their farewell talks in their ward. They will be leaving soon for Ukraine and their talks were great. We really are attached to them as grandparents and they will be sorely missed, but the people of Ukraine will truly benefit from them. They are officially Elder and Sister Aagard now. (I don't know how to say or write it in Russian!)
Kolby, my nephew, got baptized this evening. He is a new member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He just beamed. I got to talk briefly in the meeting and shared my excitement with them.
To top the evening off, we celebrated it all with dinner at Kim's. She always does a feast.
Yesterday, we celebrated Robin's birthday. Wade took his parents and I out for breakfast. We don't do that very often. Wade kind of hung out with his parents to see what he could do for Robin's birthday. I think he enjoyed the time with them. I went to a Music Festival in Codynand listened to Erin play her recorder with lots of other 4th graders, and later attended the Young Women's Broadcast by the First Presidency with Chrissy.
William learned to ride his bike - with training wheels! That is a big day for him. Watch out Burlington!
Comments