Easter 2009

James, Will and Erin are with the egg treasures of the hunt. They found them all!! WHEW!!
A first! We've never had to clean up a whole container of egg dye before. We did. We succeeded. It did come out of the rags and clothes! We were thrilled.


Our beautiful eggs drying. Didn't they do a great job!!??


Will didn't make it to the egg dying. He crashed right before - eating an apple. It was fruitless to wake him up. Wade wore him out. I love sleeping angels.
I must share a funny we had this year. Will hates animals. Likes bugs. Hates animals. Go figure. He literally shakes with fear at a cat crossing the road or coming into our backyard. (For those of you who know me well - know that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! He has my sympathy!)
Anyway, if you don't like animals, it isn't joyful to hear "the Easter Bunny came!" on Sunday morning. He did not want to get out of his bed. He was so reluctant and looking for a "wabbit". I caught on to this problem and we got through. He liked his basket and candy and such and thought the "wabbit" must be OK. This was followed however, with our encouragement to go find the eggs. His experience with eggs is chickens. He HATES chickens. So, Will's reply was "Mama do it. She go get 'em." No kidding, it took some coaxing to get him to go on the Easter Egg hunt and he looked for a "wabbit" the whole time. I know this stage will pass - but it was entertaining to say the least!
Our Easter was topped off with Grandpa Great and Aunt Ronna coming over for Easter dinner. Justin and Chrissy were in Casper - so it was nice having such special guests at our home. We then went and checked in G&G Aagard - our Sunday evening ritual. A beautiful holiday.


Comments

Mels said…
Glad you had a wonderful Easter. I love the Will stories. What a fun age. He and Luke would have the best time together, I think:) Have a super week - love ya, Mels

Popular Posts