Put on your Seatbelt!

We've hit a new mile marker in our years as parents. One that makes you swallow hard, put on your seatbelt, and hold on tight. Yes, Justin got his learner's permit last week and he is itching to try out his new skills. I really am excited for him - it is a big deal - but it is so different being on this side of the fence. My dad did most of the teenage driving with me. Mom wasn't so crazy about doing that - and now I get it. So, we'll see how it goes as the "training" begins....or continues depending on how you look at it.

The family is on the mend with the illnesses. Wade, Justin and Will stayed home yesterday and nursed their colds. I think it helped. We aren't at 100% yet - but I think we are looking up. Croup tents are heaven sent. (Great idea, Mom!)

Today the school is celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday. We had green eggs and ham at school with Will and then they gave him a book. What a treat. He loves books.

Comments

diana said…
Good luck on the new driver. YIKES! That happens super fast doesn't it?!
The driving thing is coming up at our house as well. Nick will be 15 in June, and can't wait to drive. I might have to get some tips from you;)
Good Luck!!

Popular Posts