Richard
Saturday my little brother, Richard had a birthday. I want to let him know how grateful I am that he and I are in the same clan.
I remember well when he came home from the hospital. We lived in Torrington and we had a red stationwagon (remember that?). This was also before the days of seatbelts and carseats. Dad put Sally, Johnathan and I in the car to go get Mom and Richard from the hospital. I remember waiting in the car for what seemed like HOURS for them to come into the car. We drove home and Mom laid Richard out on a small blanket on the floor and let us oooh and ahhhh all over him. His blond hair (or lack of hair) was new to us. Sally and I squabbled over who could hold him. (I didn't understand why me - a four year old - couldn't hold him WHENEVER I wanted.) He was the cutest little thing ever and I have loved him ever since. Years later, through the experiences of the dishonor society, milking cows, sheep, chickens, changing water, and playing with him as a sister - I still love him! Thanks for being you, Richard! You are a great brother, uncle, and dad! Keep it up!
I remember well when he came home from the hospital. We lived in Torrington and we had a red stationwagon (remember that?). This was also before the days of seatbelts and carseats. Dad put Sally, Johnathan and I in the car to go get Mom and Richard from the hospital. I remember waiting in the car for what seemed like HOURS for them to come into the car. We drove home and Mom laid Richard out on a small blanket on the floor and let us oooh and ahhhh all over him. His blond hair (or lack of hair) was new to us. Sally and I squabbled over who could hold him. (I didn't understand why me - a four year old - couldn't hold him WHENEVER I wanted.) He was the cutest little thing ever and I have loved him ever since. Years later, through the experiences of the dishonor society, milking cows, sheep, chickens, changing water, and playing with him as a sister - I still love him! Thanks for being you, Richard! You are a great brother, uncle, and dad! Keep it up!
Comments