Canning Season is Here!

Fear not my friends! I have not forgotten you - yet! There is winter, spring, summer and canning season! It is here and in full force. The fruit truck came last week and I have been canning peaches and pears and tomatoes like crazy! Today and yesterday I did 49 quarts of pears! Pear by pear. It seems to go a lot faster with the kids helping - they are good "skinners". It looks like the quarts all sealed, so I consider it a successful day.

I have discovered that fruit and toast is great as an instant snack after church to fill my kids tummies. I have apples awaiting there demise this week too. Applesauce. Nothing better than homemade applesauce. I like to mix them with crushed pineapple too.

I will be back - I hope. Just let me get through this "season" first!

Comments

Popular Posts