County Fair

You may to keep a marker on the post. I will be adding pictures. County Fair is always worthy of pictures, isn't it?

Well, this year, we didn't have anyone if 4-H. I thought I was going to get away with not going to fair BUT I have nieces and nephews involved. So off to the fair we go.

Pig Wrestling. Ever hear of it? It isn't an Olympic Event but in Big Horn County it is tradition and my girls wanted to be in on the fun. Chrissy was in a team with Shelby Nicholson, Melissa Berhnhisel and Mikayla Hocker. They are all in the 9-12 age range and competed in the Youth division 9-17 years old. Erin was on a Pee Wee team ages 5-8 with Mellicent Call, Madison Hocker, and Kennedy Despain.

The object of the game is to get a slimy pig coated with bentonite mud in a barrel with sawdust butt first. Four on a team and you've got one minute.

They had so much fun! Erin's team (aka the Pig Slammers) got good and muddy but the pig won in the end. Chrissy's team (aka the Bacon Busters) got that little hog in 38 seconds and place 4th out of 22 teams! One team got it in 8 seconds!

Thankfully, the local fire department is on hand to hose the participants down afterwards and that made the trip home better.

We all took in the animals. Sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, horses and cows were on exhibit. James told me afterward that he and Taylor (my niece) went to the "pig aquarium" and saw the pigs. I know. I need to be better at teaching my kids about the farm. I thought that was funny. Will, being two, could care less about animals. He literally shakes if he gets too close. My Aunt Veda says that he must be related to me! UGH!

Comments

Jake and Krista said…
I heard about the pig wrestling! How fun! I bet it was a blast to watch....and congrats girls! James is so funny! I just love that kid and all his off the wall sayings!
Fair can be fun and exhausting. Someday we will make it to State with Johnathan. Hey, I finally updated my blog so check it out.

Popular Posts