The Good, The Bad, and the Handsome!
What can I say? This WAS a good idea! For FHE tonight we all learned how to tie ties - except for William. It was actually fun and the kids ate it up. The girls of course wanted to know when they would use it. I gave them a long list. Justin ended the night saying that he finally learned how to tie a tie! Yeah!
The other picture all started with a pocketknife. Tell me what 5 year old boy doesn't like pocketknives? So, I suggested James use a bar of soap (good ol' Ivory) to shave and practice on instead of wood. Good idea for me - easier to clean up and easier for him to manage. What I failed to add was the directions for use. You know - the one to not rub your eyes with your hands while you are doing it. You guessed it. After quite a while of good safe fun with the pocketknife, he rubbed his eyes and really started to hurt. Wade rinsed his hands and eyes and hair (yes, hair!) and put him on the couch to recover. He managed to be in good shaped by FHE time. WHEW! William also played in the soap shavings and got an eyeful of soap. We caught his sooner though. I guess it wasn't such a grand idea after all. I tried.

Comments
Good idea!