Pioneers?
James was asking me last night if leprechauns were real. I told them they weren't real but a fun story someone made up that we get to enjoy. He followed that one by this question, "How about those people with holes in their shoes, are they real?" I paused trying to figure out which of our made up world has holes in their shoes. I came up blank and asked more questions. He added, "you know, the ones that had funny wagons and walked a lot?" YES!!! He's talking about pioneers! Then I had to laugh. (We did go on the pioneer trek for primary this summer.) Poor kid, we have so much that is made up - he wondered about pioneers.
His concern was legitimate -he was trying to figure out where the pioneers are then - since we don't see them today. So this led into a whole discussion about pioneers of today and yesterday. I think we'll be doing some more research on the subject this year.
His concern was legitimate -he was trying to figure out where the pioneers are then - since we don't see them today. So this led into a whole discussion about pioneers of today and yesterday. I think we'll be doing some more research on the subject this year.

Comments