The Mayor's Wife

Wade and were talking about this and I said it sounded like a soap opera! To tell you the truth - I am the mayor's wife! As of last night, we are officially a very civic minded family. Wade is the mayor of Burlington and I was voted in as a new member of the school board. It will be yet another avenue of education for me to explore and understand. They are both 4yr terms and I think it will be an adventure. Wade has been on the town council for years and this will be a good growth experience. As for me - as you all well know, I have opinions. Now the opinions may count!

Comments

Congrat's to both of you! I know you will do a great job.
AWESOME!!

That is going to be GREAT! On the school board and the private ear of the mayor!! Woo hoo!! I think your first turn of business should be to change the name of the town to Aagardville. (much more unique)

Congratulations!!
Stacey said…
Congrats! You will do a fabulous job on the board! Do I call you Your Highness now? :) What an adventure!
Sally said…
You know I read that the new mayor was Robert Aagard and John and I looked at each other and said...nooooooo. You two are crazy and in for quite a ride. You can come over to my house when you need to escape. Sally
Jodie said…
You know, somehow this post does not surprise me. Even a little. :) It actually sounds just about right. Congrats to you both. Love ya!

Popular Posts