Christmas Memory

 As a child, Mom and Dad were superb at making traditions.  Mom went to a lot of work to make Christmas traditions and to this day, I still enjoy them.  Tonight I got to carry out one of the many traditions - looking at Christmas lights.  I know, I'm not in the metropolis of Lovell, but the folks around here still grace us with their Christmas spirit.  After watching  JOY TO THE WORLD DVD, we loaded the family into the Excursion and toured the neighborhood.  (When I was a kid, we did it on the Sunday before Christmas, it seemed.)

There are truly some homes that went all out to celebrate the season!  I wish they could hear the "oooh's" and "Wow's" and "awesome mom!"  that I heard.  It made my day and would make every ache and pain they got from hanging the lights - worth it.    It seemed like my Dad drove a little slower and we were able to see each and every ornament and color in the light displays.   Wade carried on the tradition tonight - he even backed up a couple times so we could see all the amazing colors and sparkly lights.

It is times like this that I don't feel so far from my childhood afterall!   Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts