Pee Anyone?

OK, as a home with an almost three year old, can you tell what we are up to? William is knee deep in potty training. We are have some success so we will stick to it - but UGH!!! I hate cleaning up the messes. Their are toxic. I just know it.

Wade is embracing potty training too - and is really taking it as the task of the day. I love it when he helps so much. The boys seem to respond to him so much better than me. Earlier today we told Erin and James that today is all about William. They are enlisted to help- but it is all about getting Will on the toilet. Erin was pleading for all the treats too and James reminded her that today was all about him and William potty training. It was funny how James included himself in the realms of potty training. Whatever it takes.

So I guess the question of the day is - any successes out there you want to share? We've discovered William will do just about anything for chocolate. Smart kid.

Comments

That always worked for us. The children that encouraged the potty training child to go to the bathroom always got a treat too. (which, of course, meant that everyone got a treat, every time someone went pee, but the kids were definitely encouraging and I didn't have to ask every 10 minutes because the kids were asking for me.)

1 m&m at a time really isn't a big deal. It's just when you go through a bag...ok, so potty training always went quickly!

Good luck!!
diana said…
I'm all about chocolate kisses and m&m bribery. Anyhow, good luck with that whole process. I'll probably be asking how to do it again in about 2 1/2 years...
Jake and Krista said…
Trish, here's what we did with Alyssa. We made her run around naked so that she was more aware when she needed to go potty and told her it was very naughty to go potty on the floor. At the same time we bribed her. one chocolate kiss for going pee, two chocolate kisses for going poo. Worked like a charm.

Popular Posts