4 Days
That is all it took - 4 days of football practice and Justin dislocated his shoulder. It was bad enough that he had surgery a week later and now he and I are spending our weekdays with trips to physical therapy (he reminds me not to call it rehab!). They tell us he will be there for 3- 4 MONTHS! ICK!
I really feel sorry for Justin. He is limited with a brace for another week and then he can have more mobility but it will still be limited until this slowly heals. He is so weak in that arm - and it has been frustrating for him. He is amazing himself with what he can do one armed! Wade and I are his right arm when he needs us - and he is muddling through. Football is out for the season and that is a real bummer. His coach is kind enough to let me help out with the team as he can.
So, if you can read between the lines - it has been hectic! PT trips, Volleyball matches for Chris, Soccer for Erin and James and then William and I canning, gardening(with the weeds winning!) and cleaning and trying to keep the home base going. It may not be sparkling, but we are still smilin' most days!
I really feel sorry for Justin. He is limited with a brace for another week and then he can have more mobility but it will still be limited until this slowly heals. He is so weak in that arm - and it has been frustrating for him. He is amazing himself with what he can do one armed! Wade and I are his right arm when he needs us - and he is muddling through. Football is out for the season and that is a real bummer. His coach is kind enough to let me help out with the team as he can.
So, if you can read between the lines - it has been hectic! PT trips, Volleyball matches for Chris, Soccer for Erin and James and then William and I canning, gardening(with the weeds winning!) and cleaning and trying to keep the home base going. It may not be sparkling, but we are still smilin' most days!

Comments