Happy Brother's Day!?!?
Yes, I was discussing with James (5 yrs.) the special Mother's Day. He was soaking in every detail. It was followed by him asking when was Brother's Day? Sounds reasonable to me - does anyone have that date?
I started the day with my Mom at church in my old home ward in Lovell. I just showed up and surprised her. She loved it - that made my day. The meeting was good too. I then hurried back home to get the kids ready and off to church. I had to help lead a song for sacrament meeting. It turned out good. The primary and RS sisters sang "Mother, tell me a story" from the Children's Songbook. It really helped bring the spirit to the meeting. I also went to priesthood to practice it with the men - we are changing the word to "Daddy" and they are singing the same song for Father's Day. Whether they like it or not, the kids will like that a lot. Just you see!
Saturday was spent putting rock on the house. You didn't know I could do that, did you? Well, I'm not a great mortar mixer, but putting the rocks up was possible! It is coming ever so slowly - but there is progress and I love it! Another skill to add to my resume.
My baby brother graduates from Optometry school in Oregon on Saturday. I am so thrilled for him. He loves what he does and that makes it all worthwhile. I won't make it, but I will be thinking of him!
I started the day with my Mom at church in my old home ward in Lovell. I just showed up and surprised her. She loved it - that made my day. The meeting was good too. I then hurried back home to get the kids ready and off to church. I had to help lead a song for sacrament meeting. It turned out good. The primary and RS sisters sang "Mother, tell me a story" from the Children's Songbook. It really helped bring the spirit to the meeting. I also went to priesthood to practice it with the men - we are changing the word to "Daddy" and they are singing the same song for Father's Day. Whether they like it or not, the kids will like that a lot. Just you see!
Saturday was spent putting rock on the house. You didn't know I could do that, did you? Well, I'm not a great mortar mixer, but putting the rocks up was possible! It is coming ever so slowly - but there is progress and I love it! Another skill to add to my resume.
My baby brother graduates from Optometry school in Oregon on Saturday. I am so thrilled for him. He loves what he does and that makes it all worthwhile. I won't make it, but I will be thinking of him!

Comments